Monday, May 11, 2009

Ants Marching


And all the little ants are marching


Red and black antennas waving


They all do it the same

Lyrics from Dave Matthews Band " Ants Marching"

We are given this one journey on earth, just one personal journey of our very own. Now, tell me what is possibly interesting about doing it all the same way? In a sense we are all doing it the same way. We are all breathing, eating, working, etc. etc. But suddenly I am intrigued by the idea that there is no wrong way of doing it. Well, let me retract. There can certainly be poor choices made along the way. But what I mean is, the way we use our given-gifts, whether in our work, community, or home.


Sometimes in the morning when I pull on to the highway near my home, I feel like I just creeped into the line of ants marching (*or speeding*) to where~ ever it is everyone is going, and a shadow comes over me .. Now, I understand we all work, we all need to provide, and God meant for us to labor 6 days a week. BUT...I think I would just assume to pull out of that line of ants and put me up a vegetable stand and I could tell people who stopped about the love of Jesus all day long and sell my vegetables. Maybe even have me a garden where I could pick fresh veggies every morning!


I'm kidding about the vegetable stand but my point is doing what we love! And how work can't possibly be work when you are loving what you do! Now, I don't really know how God works his ways...it's really a mystery to me, but I know He wants to give us the desires of our hearts. So I've been talking to Him quite a bit about this and even though He hasn't given me a short, concise answer....I just feel it in my bones, God is a god of His word! So, I'm just going to continue in a most humbled, kiddish expectancy of His answer! He is leading somewhere good, I just know it!



Now just what makes that little ole' ant think she can move a rubber tree plant cause everyone knows an ant can't move a rubber tree plant.....but she's got high hopes...she's got high hopes...she's got high apple-pie in the sky hopes!



No comments: