Sunday, October 10, 2010

Letting my soul catch up

An American traveling in Africa hired a guide to lead him through the jungle to a remote village. In the mid afternoon the guide stopped and began to set up camp for the night. The American impatiently asked why they weren't taking advantage of the remaining daylight to make it a bit further towards their destination. "We have traveled very fast and must allow time for our souls to catch up with our bodies" replied the guide.



I tell you that to tell you this. It is time for my soul to catch up with my body....and my mind. Since being asked to participate In the Dig The Art benefit for Graceway Recovery, my mind, emotions, and body have been non stop and I feel the need to realign all of my varied parts. It helps me to type it out...it's like a clearing out....admitting to God, myself, and another human being out there. It's like, okay, let's see where we are here. Am I lined up with My Creator's will? Am I moving in my own direction or am I following?

I feel myself doing that sometimes....running ahead. Like when I went out to take some fotos today, I felt myself moving excessively fast in my thoughts...I was excited, wanting some creativity, and breathing way too hard. I found myself leaning forward in the seat as I drove to meet a sweet young fellow at the Pumpkin Patch for fotos.






So...I slowed down...breathing in and out...slowly. And as I began to calm, I asked God to help me see through the lens the beauty and uniqueness that He sees in each child....each flower.....I will hold the camera, You show me.





And He did as he often does.










But now, my soul must catch up.




I have stilled and quieted my soul. Psalm 131:2

No comments: