Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Warhol Philosophy


Lately my attention has been brought to Andy Warhol and his style of Art. When I began web design and then computer art, I have had the same professor. I somewhat got the feeliing that he did not expecially like my work. But I didn't let it sink in to my feelings because I did like it. I realized my style was a bit pop artish versus the dark works of some of the other folks in the class. I just don't attract to dark works. So I continue to maintain my own flair.

Then I begin to notice Andy Warhol's work. The King of Pop Art and screen printing. Look at the fame he obtained from his works. Good thing he didn't have my professor, huh? So, you see, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Never allow others words to penetrate you so deeply, always listen for critique, but maintain your own style!

I love me some Warhol!

No comments: